Do you have a solid track record leading sales teams, developing new business and implementing sales strategies within the retail and food service protein sector? Do you have a passion to share your expertise in case ready, value added, further processed premium meat? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and rise to the challenge to influence food trends and garner market share? Read on to learn about our exciting Regional Sales Manager opportunity in the South Jersey area.
This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, are dedicated to getting results and enjoy mentoring a team. This position works from a new office building encompassing our new meat processing plant with approximately 10% to 15% travel outside the office.
Join us and help contribute to The Lamb Company’s innovation and evolution as the leader of the industry with dominant brands trusted by chefs, customers and consumers across North America.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from pasture to plate.TM
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Reporting to the EVP Sales & Procurement, the Regional Sales Manager, Eastern U.S.A. is responsible for the Company’s sales, sales promotion, market development, and customer service activities for Eastern U.S.A.
Regional sales staff for the Eastern U.S.A. report to the Regional Sales Manager, Eastern U.S.A. This role is responsible for providing leadership, developing and implementing sales strategy, and monitoring, analyzing, and achieving sales goals as measured against agreed to plan with the goal of achieving and maximizing short and long-term margin, volume, and market retention/penetration goals for the Company’s product lines including a special focus on case ready and value added offerings. The Regional Sales Manager contributes to ensuring that Shareholder value and returns meet expectations while maintaining certainty of supply of The Lamb Company product to all customers in the region.
1. Sales Strategy: Together with the EVP and other members of the sales team, and working closely with the Director of Marketing Communications & PR, the Regional Sales Manager researches and develops annual and longer term strategies and plans, identifying opportunities for better serving existing customers and fulfilling new customer needs in the region.
2. Sales, Marketing & Procurement Plans: In conjunction with the EVP, and working closely with the Director of Marketing Communications & PR, develops an annual sales plan and where appropriate, long term marketing plans. Leads the preparation of all sales operational plans, including sales business plans and budgets, ensuring that they are complete, align with the objectives of the organization, and adhere to statutory requirements and are completed on time. Coordinates the planning, development, issuance and delivery of company promotional and sales communications materials for the region ensuring that local requirements around language and messaging are respected.
3. Leadership: Leads and manages a highly effective team that is focused on meeting or exceeding individual and organization performance targets. Ensures that the sales organization is fully staffed, trained on and understanding of business goals, needs, and direction; establishes and implements KPIs for all direct reports; monitors and manages direct report performance and overall regional performance; and plans and manages performance in collaboration with direct reports to ensure achievement of departmental and individual KPIs. Ensures the sales organization maintains robust reporting systems. Keeps EVP current on matters of importance for the organization and reports on and recommends solutions to resolve variations to budget in sales performance.
4. Customer & Distribution Relationship Management: Maintains and strengthens mutually beneficial, profitable, effective and enduring client relationships with superior communications, programs, distribution strategies; and strategic and exclusive/primary supply contracts with major retail and food service users. In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, identifies prospective customers and Distribution Channels and actively develops relationships with the view to conversion into profitable and sustainable business. Directly manages major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinates the management of all other accounts. Maintains continuous contact with designated clients at both the buying and senior management levels and regular contact with select industry counterparts and intercompany peers.
5. Product Availability & Distributor Relations: In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, has regular contact with the Procurement Director and periodic contact with various product suppliers’ marketing personnel as well as with regional cold store personnel. Provides guidance to Procurement Director on planned promotions and forecasted demand. Oversees and coordinates the channels of distribution in the region in conjunction with Transportation and Logistics personnel to ensure timely, reliable deliveries of customer orders. Monitors stocks on hand in regional storage centers maintaining proper inventory levels within corporate guidelines and ensuring proper product rotation.
6. Performance Effectiveness: Ensures that the Sales organization achieves all financial, customer, product, and business goals in every market and in every product line on a quarterly and annual basis. Reviews and monitors accounts receivables for the region, ensuring prompt payments are received so as to reduce company exposure to bad debts and to improve cash flow. Ensures that the EVP is kept informed of all pertinent developments risks, opportunities, and information relating to the organization. In conjunction with the EVP, prepares and undertakes professional development and prepares and supports professional development activities for Sales staff.
7. Business Development: Identifies and considers opportunities for business growth and development. Works with the Director Product Development to identify and execute new product opportunities. Works closely with the Business Analyst, and maintains a network of influencers, stakeholders, and others who may assist in the identification, analysis, validation, and conversion of business opportunities. Makes recommendations where appropriate to pursue and convert such opportunities. Maintains a solid market intelligence network to keep abreast of competitive activities and customer developments and to safeguard the company’s financial and volume interests.
· All brands and sales achieve market share, volume and revenue objectives on a quarterly and an annual basis, for the region
· Value added sales targets are met.
· Supply of product, within the Company’s approved procurement programs meets at all times and throughout the region, customer supply needs
· Retention and growth in client base meets plan objectives
· Client satisfaction and loyalty survey scores meet survey objectives and key clients meet or exceed same
· Regretted employee turnover continues to be minimal and employee engagement and productivity is at or above goal
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position
· 15+ years’ experience as a senior regional sales leader developing and implementing sales and strategy in a sizeable North American or Global Food Services Industry Manufacturer and Distributor, where international supply and distribution expertise is key
· Strong understanding of retail and foodservice protein sectors with knowledge of case ready and value added marketplace is an asset
· Demonstrated skills in strategic planning and execution. Displays strong commercial acumen. Analyses key drivers, opportunities, and competitive advantages to develop and execute on strategies to benefit the Company’s business. Has been able to develop and convert strategic business relationships into valuable business. High degree of expertise in contract negotiation, structuring, setting, and managing sales quota and revenue goals
· Understands and has appropriate relationships and a track record of securing supply to ensure fulfillment of customer needs
· Proven ability to plan marketing strategy and promotional and advertising campaigns, across all media and platforms
· Strongly leads by example; demonstrates professionalism throughout the organization and is a credible and trustworthy person who holds the respect and loyalty of all stakeholders; provides clear expectations and direction; has tenacity in pursuing goals and ensures that team and personal goals align with and contribute to attainment of Company goals
· Is open to and accepts taking on such responsibilities as assigned by the EVP to support achievement of annual and strategic business goals
· Able to effectively handle the high stress, time and travel demands that come with responsibility as Regional Sales Manager for the Lamb Company’s operations in Eastern U.S.A.
The Lamb Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.