Do you have procurement and demand planning experience within the perishable food industry?
Are you accurate, organized and efficient, with advanced analytical and Excel skills?
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and rise to a challenge?
Then read on to learn about our new Senior Procurement Coordinator opportunity in the Toronto Head Office. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, excellent problem solving and time management skills.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
As Senior Procurement Coordinator, is responsible for the procurement of meat products from suppliers including manufacturers and other sources while ensuring maximum profit margins and monitoring inventory levels. Partners with the sales team and with Processing and Warehousing leaders to successfully coordinate all aspects of product flow for The Lamb Company products throughout North America in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications to achieve and maximize short and long term objectives for margins, volume throughput, and quality. Effectively manages lead times to ensure that product and inventory supplies are where these are needed when they are needed. Ensures that procurement pricing is globally competitive and implements, manages, and maintains systems, P.O.s, and Bills of Lading for integrity and completeness of purchasing processes.
1. Procurement: Builds a procurement plan drawn from the company operating budget with ongoing adjustments based on sales velocity, customer requirements and market conditions. Procures inbound product from suppliers in New Zealand and Australia as well as from third party providers who are sought out on an as needed basis, ensuring that all suppliers provide competitive global pricing, best quality, guaranteed availability, reliability and technical support. Ensures that needs of suppliers are appropriately managed and expectations of supply and return are met, including positive supplier relationships that are sustained, profitable, and mutually beneficial.
2. Purchasing, Inventory, & Delivery: Implements the organization’s purchasing decisions for Canada and/or the USA, and maintains adequate stock levels and stays on budget. Contacts suppliers to arrange for purchasing and delivery of products to regional cold stores and the plants for distribution and processing. Ensures orders are scheduled and processed in a timely manner to optimize delivery to cold stores and processing plants in accordance with sales requirements. Manages inventory levels and coordinates action against close coded, expired, and other unproductive inventory. Accomplishes budgeted inventory levels utilizing systems tools to analyze and react to trends and sales data and forecasts while maintaining ordering parameters and accurate item information. Constantly validates forecasting with sales team and coordinates supply from New Zealand, Australia, and third party providers, shipping with shipping companies and ports, and in market customer freight and in-market transfers to ensure certainty of supply of The Lamb Company product to all customers.
3. Forecasting, Analysis and Reporting: Develops and updates procurement forecasts for all inbound products. Researches and mines internal and external data bases and builds sophisticated Excel spreadsheets / computer models that extract, organize, and extrapolate relevant data into recommendations and action items for the sales and procurement teams. Ensures accuracy of inventory and purchasing forecasts, and analyzes variance between forecast and actuals to uncover trends and help set future expectations. Works with Sales Leaders to build custom reports.
Under minimal supervision, performs all duties related to purchase order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking, with the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on customer demand, stock replenishment and management direction
• Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing and maintenance of supplier container shipments
• Maintain superior level of accuracy while creating and verifying purchase order information including proper product costing, shipping instructions, etc.
• Coordinate “order status” report from suppliers. Resolve changes and discrepancies, and update purchase order information accordingly
• Ensure information flow through Dynamics is accurate and up to date
• Maintain and communicate variances/delays with shipments
• Maintain “par levels” and proactively monitor shelf life for both chilled and frozen items with proper communication to internal stakeholders
• Routine purchase order review and follow-up, and expediting of orders
• Maintain supplier price lists to be communicated to the Sales Group
• Support the finance group with review and resolve supplier invoice discrepancies
• Communicate directly with suppliers in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
• E-File all order documents and electronically attaches to appropriate system locations per document management system
Key Success Measures:
· The Lamb Company achieves its product revenue, cost, and volumes targets for the fiscal year
· Product availability is per Company plan
· Plant and Customer shipments arrive on time in adherence to delivery schedules and without errors in product type, quality, or quantity
· Inventory control is such that product wastage and shortages are per Company plan
· Surveyed and measured Shareholder, third party supplier, shippers, ports, Sales, and customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, and product availability
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position:
· 5+ years’ Supply Chain experience, preferably with a Meat Industry Manufacturer and Distributor for understanding of meat importing regulations and requirements
· Secondary school diploma required, Supply Chain Management Certificate an asset
· Advanced proficiency with Excel (including macros, formulas, and pivot tables), and ERP systems, MS Dynamics an asset
· 3+ years’ of data analytics and ability to perform above average mathematical computations
· Demonstrates the capacity for thinking conceptually, systematically, and for taking measured risks
· Excellent time management skills, and exhibits strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Proven organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to handle high work volumes and multiple priorities with consistent high quality and adherence to strict deadlines
· Enthusiastic, flexible and consistent with a strong team work attitude
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.