The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Do you have Machine Maintenance Technician experience at a meat processing and packaging facility?
Are you technical, organized and efficient, with a team approach and sense of urgency?
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and rise to a challenge?
Do you have a strong work ethic, are dedicated to getting results and enjoy troubling shooting and resolving food processing and packaging equipment issues in support of a raw meat grinding, portioning and case ready USDA facility?
Maintenance Mechanic Technician
Position Reports To: Production Manager
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician drives shareholder value and supports production by safely maintaining The Lamb Company equipment to produce the highest quality products, satisfying GMP practices, environmental and regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Production Manager at the New Jersey Processing Facility the Maintenance Mechanic Technician monitors and maintains smooth plant operation, including production and packaging processes, support systems and facilities.
- With little or no supervision, disassembles / assembles, repairs, constructs, overhauls, maintains and installs all types of new and existing processing and packaging equipment and conveying, hydraulic and air systems as required.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Responds to calls for service to any line in a timely manner.
- Independently troubleshoots equipment that is in need of repair or that is operating at a substandard level.
- Makes repairs and adjustments in a timely fashion to ensure as little downtime as possible.
- Follows and maintains corporate policies relating to Health & Safety program, including reporting and documentation.
- Keeps accurate records of findings and corrective action for traceability.
- Orders replacement parts through purchase orders approved by the Production Manager.
- Communicates relevant information to the Production Manager and fellow employees regarding equipment, GMP, or safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, and initiates recommendations to further enhance the company’s recognition as a top employer.
Key Success Measures
- Machines are in good repair and functioning to capacity
- New equipment is installed, tested and maintained according to manufactures specifications to ensure safe operations
- Maintenance programs are updated and appropriate records are kept
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
- High School Education, with 2 years trade tech or equivalent
- Certified to do electrical work and PLC, with some carpentry experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience and knowledge of processing, packaging, material handling equipment, and plant utilities
- Food (meat) processing or packaging experience preferred
- Must be able to safely operate and repair various production equipment such as roll stock machine (Reiser), case ready machine (Ross), Vegmag machine, grinders, saws, power tools, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable in the proper use of equipment Lock-Out/Tag-Out requirements, portable fire extinguishers, and Protective Equipment Requirements as they apply to maintenance personnel.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA, FDA and GMP requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities at a food processing facility
- Stainless steel welding experience an asset
- Organized self-starter with proven ability to co-ordinate and effectively follow up on multiple projects and assignments and meet all deadlines
- Excellent observational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to collect, maintain, evaluate data, summarize and write reports, and recommend continuous improvement
- Good oral, written and communication skills; able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with production staff
- Able to read/ write and communicate effectively in English, Bilingual Spanish an asset
- Proficient in computer software, such as inventory / traceability software, manufacturing software and Microsoft Office
- Enforces and adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and complies with Regulatory Requirements and SQF System
- Team player with high integrity, values and a positive attitude
- Able to work in cold temperature environment (32° to 38° F)