Do you have previous maintenance technician experience in the meat processing industry?
Can you troubleshoot, repair and do regular preventative maintenance on food processing and packaging equipment?
If you are mechanically inclined, a great team player, and take pride in a solid day's work, then read on and apply to our Assistant Maintenance Mechanic role.
This position will start as temp (through an Agency) and move to perm upon successful attendance and performance. It is Monday to Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Once permanent, benefits start after 3 months, upon successful completion of probation period. You will be assisting with regular and preventative maintenance on food processing and packaging equipment.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from pasture to plate. To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
The Assistant Maintenance Mechanic assists with preventative maintenance on all production and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Works with Maintenance Mechanic, QA Team, and Plant Manager to ensure facility and equipment are serviced and available with least amount of downtime. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on all production and packaging equipment as per preventative maintenance manuals
- Maintains records of repairs, parts inventory, modifications of equipment, programs or settings
- Assists with setup and/or movement of equipment during change-overs or expansion
- Maintains tools and maintenance shop in a safe, clean and organized manner
- Orders and stocks parts and supplies as needed
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments
- Performs a variety of general plumbing maintenance, electrical and carpentry functions as needed to support maintenance department within parameters of skills and training
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED, completion of a mechanical trade strongly preferred.
- Experience as a production or industrial mechanic technician, preferably maintaining high speed packaging and processing equipment within the food industry.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Building trades certificate or equivalent desirable.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Highly punctual
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical ability to lift up to 40lb
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of -1 to +4 degrees Celsius
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Operating Equipment
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
Demonstrate and uphold Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests.
INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs.
PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.