The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb and beef brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Are you accurate, organized and efficient with a sense of urgency to complete all tasks?
Do you have administrative experience within the perishable food industry, related to creating Purchase Orders, Supply Chain tracking for up to date product status against arrivals, data entry of contracts and invoices, and customer claims resolution?
Then read on to learn about our Sales and Procurement Assistant opportunity in the Toronto Head Office. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, excellent data entry and time management skills. The role interacts with and supports various departments, including Sales, Inventory and Procurement.
As Sales and Procurement Assistant, is responsible for the input, tracking and administration of Purchase Orders, and Bills of Lading for integrity and completeness of purchasing processes across North America. Additionally, responsible for day to day support for Sales and Procurement team, including initiating and resolving Supplier Claims.
1. Procurement and Inventory Support: Assists the Senior Procurement Coordinator by maintaining accurate data, balancing to product arrivals, tracking and reporting discrepancies. Constantly reviews and responds to emails from Shareholders and third party Suppliers, and maintains up to date product status in the Canada Masters Record (shorts, longs, delays, overages, etc.). Assists Inventory Control Clerk with the input of contracts and invoices, as well as any additional reporting requests as required.
2. Sales Support: Assists the Sales and Procurement Coordinator by writing Purchase Orders, communicating adjustments or special requests with Shipping/Production, and maintaining inventory levels to ensure Purchase Orders are filled in full. Maintains accurate files to submit short payment claims to customers for repayment, tracks email communication, and ensures all claims are paid, resolved and closed.
Under minimal supervision, performs all duties related to Purchase Order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking, with the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on customer demand, stock replenishment and management direction
• Maintain superior level of accuracy while creating and verifying purchase order information including proper product costing, shipping instructions, etc.
• Coordinate “order status” report from Suppliers. Resolve changes and discrepancies, and update purchase order information accordingly
• Ensure information flow through Dynamics is accurate and up to date
• Maintain and communicate variances/delays with shipments
• Routine Purchase Order review and follow-up, and expediting of orders
• Communicate directly with Suppliers in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
• E-File all order documents and electronically attaches to appropriate system locations per document management system
Key Success Measures
· Product availability is per Company plan
· Plant and Customer shipments arrive on time in adherence to delivery schedules and without errors in product type, quality, or quantity
· Inventory control is such that product wastage and shortages are per Company plan
· Surveyed and measured Shareholder, third party supplier, shippers, ports, Sales, and customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, and product availability
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
· Secondary school diploma required
· 2 years’ Supply Chain Administration experience within the meat industry an asset
· High level proficiency with Excel (including macros, formulas, and V-Look ups), and ERP systems (MS Dynamics) an asset
· Ability to perform above average mathematical computations
· Excellent time management skills, and exhibits strong problem solving skills
· Proven organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to handle high work volumes and multiple priorities with consistent high quality and adherence to strict deadlines
· Enthusiastic, flexible and consistent with a strong team work attitude
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.
Your application was submitted successfully.