Do you have 5 to 10 years Supply Chain experience in the beef and lamb import industry? Are you knowledgeable on cuts of meat and meat importing regulations from Australia to the USA? Have you worked closely with nationwide Sales teams to procure the right product at the right time to supply national grocery chains? Does high volume procurement and import (25 million pounds per year) excite you? Do you demonstrate exceptional relationship management and people management skills? Are you a great communicator and love to work in a dynamic, fast paced team environment? If so, you will be a great addition to our Procurement team. Read on and apply to this great opportunity in the South Jersey area.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
As Procurement Relationship Manager, is responsible for the procurement and import of meat products from offshore suppliers including manufacturers and other sources while ensuring maximum profit margins and monitoring inventory levels. Partners closely with the Sales team and with Processing and Warehousing leaders to successfully manage all aspects of product flow for The Lamb Company products throughout the United States in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications to achieve and maximize short and long term objectives for margins, volume throughput, and quality. Effectively manages lead times to ensure that product and inventory supplies are where these are needed when they are needed. Adheres to set procurement pricing and implements, manages, and maintains relationships with suppliers, systems, Purchase Orders (P.O.s), Import documents, and Bills of Lading for integrity and completeness of purchasing processes. Responsible for end-to- end supply chain management for chilled and frozen premium proteins. Has an indirect reporting relationship to the Supply Chain Programme Director working from New Zealand. Liaises daily with Supply Chain Programme Director.
1. Procurement: Builds and executes a procurement plan drawn from the Company operating budget with ongoing inputs and adjustments based on sales velocity, customer requirements and market conditions. Procures inbound chilled and frozen product from suppliers in Australia as well as from third party providers who are sought out on an as needed basis, ensuring that all suppliers adhere to competitive global pricing, best quality, guaranteed availability, reliability and technical support. Ensures that needs of Shareholder suppliers are appropriately managed and expectations of supply and dividend return are met.
2. Purchasing, Importing, Inventory, & Delivery: Implements the organization’s purchasing decisions for the USA, and maintains adequate stock levels and stays on budget. Contacts suppliers to arrange for purchasing, import and delivery of products to regional cold stores and the plants for distribution and processing. Ensures orders are scheduled and processed in a timely manner to optimize delivery to cold stores and processing plants in accordance with sales requirements, seasonal needs, and promotional programs. Manages inventory levels and coordinates action against close coded, expired, and other unproductive inventory. Accomplishes budgeted inventory levels utilizing systems tools to analyze and react to trends and sales data and forecasts while maintaining ordering parameters and accurate item information. Constantly validates forecasting with sales team and coordinates: supply from Australia, and third party providers; shipping with shipping companies; customs clearance with custom house brokers and ports; and in-market customer freight and in-market transfers to ensure certainty of supply of The Lamb Company product to all customers.
3. Relationship Management: Proactively seeks to understand Company and Supplier needs. Keeps others apprised of key decision making, and builds trust, partnerships, and influences ongoing positive supplier relationships that are sustained, profitable, and mutually beneficial. Enhances supply chain efficiency, process improvement, and supplier relationship management through ongoing communications, problem solving and relationship building. Fosters a high degree of collaboration despite competing priorities and expectations across stakeholders.
4. People Management: Manages the Procurement Assistant and provides direction, development, and regular coaching and support. Collects and reviews all Import documents and provides to Procurement Assistant for processing. Administers the Company’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures with respect to hiring, management, discipline, and performance decisions for staff.
5. Demand Planning, Analysis and Reporting: Constantly gathers requirements from Sales force to build plans to satisfy customer requirements, according to season, programs, and feature ads. Develops and updates procurement plans for all inbound products from Australia. Ensures accuracy of inventory and purchasing forecasts, and analyzes variance between forecast and actuals to uncover trends and help set future expectations. Responsible for analyzing and reporting over / under shipments, communicating and resolving related issues with relevant parties. Works with Sales Leaders to build and review custom reports that assist future demand planning.
Under minimal supervision, performs all duties related to demand planning, purchase order entry, import and post-entry supply chain tracking, with the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Build the chilled Australian pipeline for lamb and beef, pipeline for frozen beef, and monitoring replenishments
• Administer the Costco Tender process from order allocation to delivery, and source product for feature business and promotions as directed by the Sales team
• Accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders, including proper product costing, and shipping instructions based on customer demand, stock replenishment and management direction
• Accurate entry, proofing and maintenance of supplier container shipments
• Coordinate “order status” report from suppliers. Resolve changes and discrepancies, and update purchase order information accordingly, expedite orders as needed
• Ensure information flow through Dynamics is accurate and up to date
• Maintain and communicate variances/delays with shipments
• Maintain “par levels” and proactively monitor shelf life for chilled items with proper communication to internal stakeholders
• Maintain supplier price lists to be communicated to the Sales Group
• Support the finance group with reviewing and resolving supplier invoice discrepancies
• Communicate directly with suppliers in Australia in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
• E-File all order documents and electronically attaches to appropriate system locations per document management system
Key Success Measures
• The Lamb Company achieves its product revenue, cost, and volumes targets for the fiscal year
• Product availability is per Company plan
• Plant and Customer shipments arrive on time in adherence to delivery schedules and without errors in product type, quality, or quantity
• Inventory control is such that product wastage and shortages are per Company plan
• Surveyed and measured Shareholder, third party supplier, shippers, ports, Sales, and customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, and product availability
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
• 5 to 10 years’ Supply Chain experience, preferably with a Meat Industry Manufacturer and Distributor to understand cuts of meat and adhere to meat importing regulations and requirements
• College diploma required, Supply Chain Management Certificate an asset
• High degree of financial acumen, decision making and commercial understanding
• Analytical, thorough, organized, and accurate as demonstrated by flawless oversight and control of complex shipping arrangements for perishables arriving from multiple suppliers and far away locations, through multiple ports and distribution partners, where predictability of arrival date and quality, make-up, and quantity of supply are imperative
• Sales and customer service orientation which supports these teams in achieving their goals, while ensuring that the company’s objectives for the business are also met
• Passionate about building and maintaining strong cross functional relationships that facilitate mutually beneficial problem resolution in a complex purchasing environment
• Ability to negotiate with and influence Suppliers for optimal pricing, year round supply, and products that match customer specifications
• Proficiency with Word, Excel (formulas, and pivot tables), and ERP systems, MS Dynamics an asset
• 3+ years’ of data analytics and ability to perform above average mathematical computations, and see the trends
• Demonstrated capacity for thinking conceptually, systematically, and for taking measured risks
• Excellent time management skills, exhibits strong problem solving and maintains document control
• Proven organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to handle high work volumes and multiple priorities serving various stakeholders with consistent high quality and adherence to strict deadlines
• Enthusiastic, flexible and consistent with a strong team work attitude and accountability
Your application was submitted successfully.