Do you have 3 to 5 years Marketing experience in the protein or meat processing industry? Are you a self-starter with a track record of working closely with the Sales team to develop effective marketing campaigns that drive increased sales? Have you implemented a Social Media strategy? If you thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment, then read on and apply to this opportunity in the west Toronto area.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
The Marketing & Social Media Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the Company's overall Marketing and Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales. This includes, writing and designing visual content, using analytics to understand and measure business and social media metrics (traffic, leads, conversions, revenue) to provide an overview of the Company’s marketing and social media performance against business goals. Also responsible for evaluating current customer needs and tailoring marketing plans to grow our products within their business. Additionally, responsible for creation of Sales presentations, Marketing materials, website content updates and liaising with 3rd party providers as needed to generate profitable sales for the Company.
- Marketing and Sales Support: Liaises with North American Sales team and creates marketing plans and product marketing campaigns. Designs Marketing materials such as selling sheets and customer presentation decks. Manages all Point of Sale (POS) materials, including photography, shelf dividers, shelf talkers, and other display materials. Oversees packaging updates. Leads the creation and editing of written, video and photo content in conjunction with 3rd party providers as needed.
- 3rd Party Liaison: Partners with Production, Sales and Vendors to ensure appropriate content, materials and stock levels for print stock such as labels, cartons, packaging materials, and film are available on time and within budget. Participates with Sales teams and Customer’s Marketing departments to coordinate the execution of agreed to programs.
- Social Media Strategy: Creates and executes a results-driven social media strategy and maintains a unified brand presence across various channels. Curates engaging content for social media and posts content to Company and Customer platforms. Reviews analytics and creates reports on key metrics with the goal to improve brand awareness and boost sales.
Under minimal supervision, performs all duties related to Marketing and Social Media, such as:
- Creates and updates various Marketing materials for North American Sales teams and customer presentations
- Monitors and manages all POS and Marketing collateral, including tracking appropriate stock and replenishment within budget
- Monitors social media channels for industry trends
- Interacts with users and responds to social media messages, inquiries, comments or consumer complaints
- Updates Corporate website, LinkedIn and Facebook content
Key Success Measures
- Sales teams are supported with appropriate programs, marketing campaigns and strategies across all sales channels
- Packaging stock levels and POS materials are available and impactful
- Social media is engaging and drives sales
- Surveyed and measured 3rd party supplier, Sales, and customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, and product availability
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working with sales teams to develop marketing tools, materials, programs and campaigns to drive increased sales
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing social media strategies within Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- High level proficiency with MS Office, video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Copywriting and editing skills specific to social media platforms
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle high work volumes and multiple priorities with consistent high quality and adherence to strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic, flexible and consistent with a strong team work attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Bilingualism an asset
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools