Do you have 3 to 5 years Human Resources and Payroll processing experience in the manufacturing industry? Are you an organized self-starter with an understanding of both Canadian and US HR and Payroll regulations and compliance? If you thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment, then read on and apply to this opportunity in the west Toronto area.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
The Payroll & HR Specialist is responsible for accurately processing 3 distinct payrolls (weekly Production, semi-monthly US Salary, and monthly Canadian Salary). Responsible for all benefits administration in the US and Canada by liaising with 3 separate benefits brokers to ensure all new hires are enrolled, billing is accurate and paid on time. Additionally responsible for administering the Company’s RSP, RPP and 401K retirement plans, including coordinating enrolments, remittance, and retirements. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist ensures that processes and technology are integrated across platforms (payroll, benefits and HRIS) for one definitive employee record. Assists the Director, Human Resources with special projects, training, compensation planning (job descriptions, job classifications, and salary bands) and recruitment. Works closely with Plant Managers to support employee relations and assist with investigations or discipline process.
- Payroll: Processes various payrolls, ensuring accuracy, integrity, confidentiality and compliance with local, state and federal laws. Handles year-end pay cycle (T-4s, Releve 1s, W-2s) and new year set up, including taxable benefits. Streamlines processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Maintains consistency across payroll and HRIS records. Handles remittance and provides documentation to Finance, as needed.
- Benefits and Retirement Plans: Administers various benefit and retirement savings plans for new enrolments, monthly billing and submissions to providers. Works with the Director of Human Resources and Brokers to ensure the right plans are in place to meet the needs of The Lamb Company employees.
- HRIS and Employee Records: Is responsible for ensuring that all new hire employment data is captured electronically and in fully documented files, and that all employees are legally eligible to work in Canada and/or the U.S., with appropriate proof of eligibility per employment legislation. Sets up all new employees with benefits; and diarizes post probation and step increases for all hourly workers, preparing letters for Plant Manager sign-off.
- Recruiting: Assists with the Company’s job posting process, ensuring all job requisitions are approved, and position descriptions for new and existing roles are up to date to reflect the changing needs of the organization.
- Compensation: Assists with regular market salary surveys for Canada and the U.S. to ensure that the Company’s pay practices are current. Help with assessing job descriptions and placing into salary bands, reflective of geographic location, and regularly maintains and updates data and systems to remain current.
- Training: Assists the Director, Human Resources with reviewing and implementing various compliance related training by jurisdiction and ensures renewals or certifications are done on time.
- Health & Safety: Models behaviour that supports the Health & Safety policies and practices.
- Customer Service: The Lamb Company employees are able to access support from HR that is friendly, valued, confidential, appropriate, and timely.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, and initiates recommendations to further enhance the company’s recognition as a top employer.
Key Success Measures
- All payroll and payroll related processes are accurate and kept confidential
- All benefits and retirement plans are processed on time with appropriate documentation
- Employee records are complete, compliant and up-to-date
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
- College or University graduate, with a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or near completion
- 3+ years’ in a Human Resources role, with experience processing Canadian and U.S. payroll, administering benefits and retirement programs, and maintaining a Human Resources Information System
- Self-starter with prior experience in a manufacturing and distribution work environment, capable of delivering timely and quality services to employees throughout North America
- Strong work ethic handling confidential and sensitive employee data in a professional and friendly manner
- Fluent in English, Spanish is an asset
- Familiar with job classification, salary bands, job evaluation, pay equity, and compensation planning
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects and priorities, streamline existing processes and recommend new more effective practices or technologies
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Lamb Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.