The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb and beef brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
- Are you accurate, organized and efficient with a sense of urgency to complete all tasks?
- Do you have EDI, SPS Commerce and GS1 experience within the perishable food industry?
- Are you thorough and tenacious with record keeping and resolving Supplier claims?
Then read on to learn about our Sales and Procurement GS1 Coordinator opportunity in the Toronto Head Office. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, excellent data entry and time management skills. The role interacts with and supports various departments, including Sales, Inventory and Procurement.
As Sales and Procurement GS1 Coordinator, is responsible for the accurate coding and setup of all retail and food service products in GS1 Canada to enable smooth movement of finished goods from order entry to production through customer delivery. Coordinates incoming Purchase Orders in a timely manner and ensures they are compliant for price agreement, quantity, quality agreement and all applicable terms and conditions. Additionally, responsible for day to day support for Sales and Procurement team, including initiating and resolving Supplier claims.
- GS1 Set Up and Maintenance: Complete the setup of all retail products in GS1 Canada with Marketing and Nutritional information. Submit products for imaging. Ensure all imaging and product information is current and accurate. Maintain correct price list information. Prepare customer listing forms which includes price, product specifications and shipping details. Manage and update GS1 and ECCnet listings of all products.
- Sales Support: Assists the Senior Sales and Procurement Coordinator by writing Purchase Orders, communicating adjustments or special requests with Shipping/Production, and maintaining inventory levels to ensure Purchase Orders are filled in full. Manage customer specific web portals for order management and data entry. Maintains accurate files to submit short payment claims to customers for repayment, tracks email communication, and ensures all claims are paid, resolved and closed.
- New Product Launch: Assists with the planning and execution of new product launches by documenting customer specifications, raw materials, packaging, and pricing. Validates details with Sales, Plant, Finance and Regulatory teams before first time orders are submitted.
Under minimal supervision, performs all duties related to Purchase Order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking, with the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review existing and coordinate setup of all other products onto GS1, EECnet and various customer portals to enable expanded e-commerce across Canada
- Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on customer demand, stock replenishment and management direction
- Maintain superior level of accuracy while creating and verifying purchase order information including proper product costing, shipping instructions, etc.
- Maintain and communicate variances/delays with customer orders
- Routine Purchase Order review and follow-up, and expediting of orders
- Communicate directly with Suppliers and Customers in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
- E-File all order documents and electronically attaches to appropriate system locations per document management system
- Maintain status updates and monitor production, document correspondence, data, relay information required for timely production
- Oversee entire order process from purchase to shipment
Key Success Measures
- Smooth set up and maintenance of e-commerce operations across Canada
- Product availability is per Company plan
- Plant and Customer shipments arrive on time in adherence to delivery schedules and without errors in product type, quality, or quantity
- Inventory control is such that product wastage and shortages are per Company plan
- Surveyed and measured Shareholder, third party supplier, shippers, ports, Sales, and customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, and product availability
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position
- Post-Secondary degree / diploma in a related field
- 5 years’ Supply Chain Administration experience within the meat industry an asset
- Strong understanding of the concepts of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) process, (SPS Commerce), and GS1 set up and maintenance
- High level proficiency with Excel (including macros, formulas, and V-Look ups), and ERP systems (MS Dynamics) an asset
- Excellent time management skills, and exhibits strong problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle high work volumes and multiple priorities with consistent high quality and adherence to strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic, flexible and consistent with a strong team work attitude
- Professional and positive interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively with internal and external parties
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.