Do you have 5 or more years warehouse receiving and scanning experience in the perishable food or meat processing industry?
Do you have raw materials and finished goods inventory counts and reconciliation experience?
Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment and have good computer skills?
Are you fluent in English and Spanish?
Then read on to learn about our Production Scanning Clerk opportunity in Compton, California, located in Americold Cold Storage facility. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, previous warehouse scanning experience and a pride in doing a good job.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
To learn more about our company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Production Scanning Clerk
As Production Scanning Clerk ensures proper receipt of inbound raw materials and packaging, accurate paper and system records keeping, and timely release of materials for processing. Physically scans all raw materials for invoicing to production, and scans all finished goods back to inventory for daily yield reporting. Performs daily inventory counts and reconciles to stock reports, investigates stock discrepancies as needed. Reports to and works closely with the Production Manager. Works closely with Production Supervisors, Production Scheduler, Americold warehouse team and Head Office Finance team to ensure adequate inventory of raw material and finished product to support the business within established Company guidelines.
- Inbound Warehouse Receiving: Receives, scans and records inbound raw materials from third party warehouse and packaging materials from suppliers. Reviews bills of lading for accuracy and signs off to verify receipt of goods. Provides hard copy documents to Production Admin team to initiate the warehouse transfer. Physically stores and records location of raw materials.
- Outbound Product Releases: Releases raw materials to production based on production schedule and available inventory. Ensures all raw materials are scanned for invoicing to production. Scans all outbound finished goods.
- Production Inventory Control: Performs daily spot checks of physical inventory compared to inventory list. Does weekly end counts and investigates stock discrepancies. Monitors raw material and finished product stocks on hand ensuring proper inventory levels within corporate guidelines and ensuring proper product rotation.
- Health & Safety / Food Safety: Follows all Health & Safety and Food Safety legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Keeps Production and Finance teams completely informed on key operational and inventory management issues as they arise with a goal to proactively resolve problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Success Measures
- Raw materials and finished goods inventories are accurate to support the further processed, case ready and value-added product availability according to Company plan
- Inventory control is such that product expiry and shortages are kept to the absolute minimum
- Surveyed and measured customer feedback scores meet or exceed target around quality, service, integrity, and food safety
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position
- Secondary school graduation diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ receiving, scanning, and inventory control of all raw materials, supplies and finished goods that come in and out of a North American or Global Meat Industry Manufacturer and Distributor
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal communication)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Process oriented and system focused, with a continuous improvement approach
- Proven ability to work under pressure, resolve problems, and keep others informed of status updates
- Proficient in computer software, such as inventory / traceability software, manufacturing software (GP Dynamics) and Microsoft Office
- Team player with high integrity, values and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of and demonstrated compliance to HACCP, quality control systems & procedures, and legislated and regulatory health, safety, and food standards
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.