Do you have 2 or more years mechanical experience troubleshooting and maintaining food processing and packaging equipment in the perishable food or meat processing industry?
Have you got experience with Reiser equipment, specifically?
Do you have electrical trouble shooting knowledge on multiple voltages and can read electrical prints?
Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment?
Are you fluent in English?
Then read on to learn about our Assistant Maintenance Technician opportunity in Pedricktown, NJ, located in Americold Cold Storage facility. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, previous mechanical experience and pride in doing a good job.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Reports To: Maintenance Manager – Pedricktown, NJ
The Assistant Maintenance Technician assists with preventative maintenance on all production and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Works with Maintenance Manager, QA Team and Production Manager to ensure facility and equipment are serviced and available with least amount of downtime. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Operating Equipment
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
Demonstrate and uphold Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
- ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests.
- INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
- RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command.
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on all production and packaging equipment as per preventative maintenance manuals
- Maintains records of repairs, parts inventory, modifications of equipment, programs or settings
- Assists with setup and/or movement of equipment during change-overs or expansion
- Maintains tools and maintenance shop in a safe, clean and organized manner
- Orders and stocks parts and supplies as needed
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments
- Performs a variety of general plumbing maintenance, electrical and carpentry functions as needed to support maintenance department within parameters of skills and training
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED, completion of a mechanical trade strongly preferred.
- Experience as a production or industrial mechanic technician, preferably maintaining high speed packaging and processing equipment within the food industry.
- Electrical trouble shooting knowledge on multiple voltages and can read electrical prints.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Highly punctual
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of 30 to 39 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
For information about the company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to have the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Lamb Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.