The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb and beef brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Do you have 5+ years experience selling fresh and frozen meat to retail, foodservice, or wholesale markets?
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and rise to a challenge?
Do you have a strong work ethic, are dedicated to getting results and meeting customer satisfaction?
If so, then read on and apply to our vacancy in the Los Angeles area, with competitive salary, bonus and Company paid benefits. This is an in-office sales position that supports our strong growth plan.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Sales Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing a retail sales and food services business for The Lamb Company in Western USA. This is a key position requiring the successful candidate to work closely with the North American sales and marketing operations teams toward meeting our shareholder expectations in terms of growth, returns, customer services and company values.
- Sales Strategy: Together with the Regional Sales Director and other members of the North American marketing team, researches and develops annual and longer term strategies and plans, identifying opportunities for better serving existing retail and food service customers and fulfilling new customer needs in the region.
- Sales, and Marketing:
- In conjunction with the Regional Sales Director and working closely with the North American marketing team researches and develops an annual sales plan in concert with developed sales strategies and where appropriate, long term marketing plans.
- Creates customer specific retail sales and food service business plans and budgets, ensuring that they are complete, align with the objectives of the organization, and adhere to statutory requirements and are completed on time.
- Contributes to the planning, development, issuance and delivery of company promotional and sales communications materials for the region ensuring that local requirements around language and messaging are respected.
- Procurement Plan: Working closely with the North American procurement team, reviews and confirms monthly and seasonal inventory replenishment orders in line with the annual sales plan and shifting customer demand, as well, keeps the procurement team aware of any planned and new feature/ad activity that will require additional product.
- Customer & Distribution Relationship Management:
- Maintains and strengthens mutually beneficial, profitable, effective and enduring customer relationships with superior communications, programs, and distribution strategies toward strategic and exclusive/primary supply contracts with our major retail and food service customers.
- In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, identifies prospective customers and distribution channels and actively develops relationships with the view to convert into profitable and sustainable business. Maintains continuous contact with designated clients at both the buying and senior management levels and regular contact with select industry counterparts and intercompany peers.
- Maintains a strong market intelligence network to keep abreast of competitive activities and customer developments to safeguard the company’s financial and volume interests.
- Logistics and Transportation: Communicates the channels of distribution in the region in conjunction with Transportation and Logistics personnel to ensure timely, reliable deliveries of customer orders. Monitors stocks on hand in regional storage centers maintaining proper inventory levels within corporate guidelines and ensuring proper product rotation.
- Supplier Relations: In addition to regular communications with the procurement and marketing team, communicates regularly with major suppliers to educate and keep an edge and advantage over the competition in terms of current market events and trends.
- Performance Effectiveness:
- Achieves all financial, customer, product, and business goals in the Western USA retail and food services market in every product line on a monthly and annual basis.
- Reviews and monitors accounts receivables for the region, ensuring prompt payments are received so as to reduce company exposure to bad debts and to improve cash flow. Ensures that the Regional Sales Director is kept informed of all pertinent development risks, opportunities, and information relating to the Western USA market.
- Prepares monthly territory reports and general comments on customer’s products versus plan and market activity.
- In conjunction with the Regional Sales Director, prepares and undertakes professional development.
- Business Development: Identifies and considers opportunities for business growth and development. Works with the team to identify and execute new retail product opportunities. Maintains a network of influencers, stakeholders, and others who may assist in the identification, analysis, validation, and conversion of new business opportunities. Makes recommendations where appropriate to pursue and convert such opportunities.
- Achieves all retail and food service brands and sales, market share, volume, revenue, profit and accounts receivable objectives on a monthly and annual basis for the region, ensuring retention and growth of the retail and food services client base.
- While adhering to company inventory targets, ensures the successful delivery of retail and food services products within the Company’s approved procurement programs at all times and throughout the region, fully satisfying customer supply needs.
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position
- 5 + years’ experience in regional retail and food services sales developing and implementing sales and strategy in a sizeable North American or Global Food Services Industry manufacturer and distributor, where international supply and distribution expertise is an asset.
- Prior experience in retail protein sales and would have conducted business with major retailers such as Safeway/Albertson’s, Trader Joes , Aldi, Kroger, Costco and other mid-sized retailers is a plus. Prior experience with major Food Service, such as Sysco, and other wholesalers is a plus.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the retail and food services business including setting sales budgets , creating sales and marketing strategies, and executing forward sales plans.
- Ability to create promotional campaigns across all media and platforms.
- Understanding of the case ready retail ready meat processing systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated skills in sales planning and execution. Displays strong commercial acumen. Analyses key drivers, opportunities, and competitive advantages to develop and execute on strategies to benefit the Company’s business. Has been able to develop and convert strategic business relationships into valuable business. High degree of expertise in contract negotiation, structuring, setting, and managing sales quota and revenue goals.
- Understands and has appropriate relationships and a track record of securing supply to ensure fulfillment of customer needs.
- Demonstrates professionalism throughout the organization and is a credible and trustworthy person who holds the respect and loyalty of all stakeholders; has tenacity in pursuing goals and ensures that personal goals align with and contribute to attainment of Company goals.
- Is open to and accepts taking on such responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Sales Director to support achievement of annual and strategic business goals.
- Able to effectively handle the high stress, time and travel demands that come with responsibility as Sales Account Manager for the Lamb Company’s operations in Western USA.
- Must have strong Excel skills and knowledge of Presentation and ERP software.
For information about the company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lamb Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.