Do you have 1 or more years experience driving a stand up forklift in the perishable food refrigerated warehouse industry?
Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment?
Do you have a track record of safe driving, and adherence to health & safety and food safety processes?
Then read on to learn about our Warehouse Shipper/Receiver opportunity in Etobicoke. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, previous forklift driving experience and pride in doing a good job.
We offer a competitive hourly rate and Company paid benefits.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
The Warehouse Shipper / Receiver is responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless reception and processing of incoming and outgoing shipments, including picking, packing, wrapping and moving raw materials and finished products to and from the designated locations in the warehouse. The Warehouse Shipper / Receiver must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality to ensure that inventory transactions are completed and documented. The Warehouse Shipper / Receiver must understand the impact of this position on other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming and outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
Demonstrate and uphold Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
- ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests.
- INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
- RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command.
- Prepare shipping and receiving dock to accept incoming / outgoing product
- Pick orders and prepare for shipping, including: stacking, wrapping, and crating products
- Match product with purchase orders / shipping orders
- Verify received product expiration codes
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating
- Operate a Forklift or Electric Pallet Jack in a safe manner to move product
- Maintain a safe work environment
- May lift cases of product according to documented procedures
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking
- Adhere to daily shipment schedule
- Oversee the safe, secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries and shipments
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments to designated warehouse locations
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor
- Follow current standards and procedures
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries
- Perform monthly inventory counts
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Forklift certification required [Crown Stand Up Forklift]
- Experience in the chilled and frozen warehouse industry preferred
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role required
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of lading and international shipments
- Follow all Forklift safety policies, processes, practices
- Ability to weigh and measure items
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Exposure to vibration from forklift driving
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50 pounds may be required
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including freezers (-18 degrees C)
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
We welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.