Do you have 2 years' experience as a Production Team Lead in the food/pharma/consumer packaged goods industry?
Are you willing to learn and are able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment?
Do you have a track record of adherence to health & safety and food safety processes?
Then read on to learn about our Production Lead Hand opportunity in Etobicoke. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, great communication skills and pride in doing a good job.
We offer a competitive hourly rate, weekly pay and Company paid benefits.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
About the Role:
Reports To: Production Supervisor – Lamb Processing
Shift: 6:30 AM - 2:45 PM Monday to Friday
The Production Lead Hand is required to organize and manage employees and raw materials for the safe and efficient operation of the production line. Responsible for maintaining prescribed quantity and quality of product produced to customer specifications. Other responsibilities include material handling from cooler to production line (walking, lifting, bending and unwrapping), machine operation, including troubleshooting basic machine performance, making adjustments and calling for additional resources as required.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning & critical thinking
- Team Work
Demonstrate and uphold The Lamb Company Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
- ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests
- INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs
- PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization
- RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command
- Use motorized walkie to transport raw materials from the cooler/freezer locations into the production rooms
- Support team members daily activities which may include bending/lifting materials from pallet at floor level to table at waist level, de-boxing and unwrapping meat to set up the line for production
- Operate motorized equipment in a safe manner
- Follow operating instructions and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures); troubleshooting/support request from maintenance as needed
- Produce products as per customer specifications and defined controls from FSQA (Food Safety Quality Assurance)
- Fulfill customer orders based on defined operational performance indicators
- Ensure general housekeeping throughout assigned work area
- Assist in training, cross training, including health and safety, and quality awareness
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, procedures, compliance and regulations
- Use all required PPE (personal protective equipment) safety equipment (e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses / goggles, hearing protection, face masks, gloves, etc.)
- Communicate production requirements to line workers and inform Supervisor if concerns arise
- High School Education or GED
- 3+ years’ experience in the food and/or meat processing industry
- butchery experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with meat cutting, forming or packaging machinery
- 2+ years front line leadership experience managing a team
- Able to communicate clearly and deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and maintain a professional work environment at all times
- Knowledge of GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), preferably in a food/pharma/CPG manufacturing facility
- Punctual, with a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude
- Organized self-starter with proven ability to co-ordinate production lines and effectively follow up on multiple activities to meet all deadlines
- Think safety, work safely; responsible for safety of self and others in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal communication skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Working proficiency in basic software; such as labeling machines and emails
- Able to work effectively with ever changing production demands
- Strong attention to detail
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 KGs
- Motorized walkie license and ability to operate and transport raw materials from the cooler to the production line
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of -1 to +4 degrees Celsius
- Constant standing, frequent walking, limited stair climbing
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Use of approved safety equipment is required (e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, hearing protection, etc.)
- Overtime as required to meet operational demands
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to have the COVID-19 vaccines.
The Lamb Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.