Do you have 1 or more years' experience as a Quality Control Tech in the food processing industry?
Are you willing to learn and are able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment?
Then read on to learn about our Quality Control Technician opportunity in Compton, California. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, great communication skills (English and Spanish) and take pride in doing a good job.
We offer a competitive hourly rate through an Agency to start
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
About the Role:
Reports To: Quality Assurance Team Leader
Shift: Days – Monday to Friday, Optional overtime on Saturday
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for direct examination of product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the Quality Control Technician is responsible for strictly adhering to the organization's quality assurance policies, and identifying defects and or production errors in order to prevent these materials from entering the supply chain. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Quality Orientation
- Results Orientation
Demonstrate and uphold Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
- ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests.
- INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
- RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command.
- Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehouse functions of the company including GMP, metal detection, label and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in process and finished product weights
- Document all QA activities accurately and timely
- Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales
- Continuously assesses the results of inspection findings and react in a timely manner to communicate potential problems to Team leader and QA Team Leader
- Prepare reports/summaries and communicates results to QA Team Leader and others as necessary
- Implement Hold procedures for suspect product and or product evaluations and testing
- Collect and submits samples for laboratory analysis
- Assist with the development and delivery of Quality / Food Safety Training for manufacturing and support teams
- Assist with investigations, consumer/customer complaints
- Assist and provides support during third part audits
- Participate in plant trials and other related duties and responsibilities assigned
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement
- Comply with Company QA programs for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Create and maintain QA control documentation.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum1 year of direct work experience with Food Safety QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Highly punctual with a strong work ethic
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Ability to complete and review technical documentation, including test procedures and QA documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with little supervision
- Ability to work as a team
- Bilingual – written English for document completion, Verbal Spanish an asset
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toe safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, hearing protection, gloves, face masks, etc.
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand, bend, and reach for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity required
- Overtime as required
To learn more about our Company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lamb Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.