Do you have 1 or more years' experience cutting meat on a commercial band saw?
Are you willing to learn and are able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment?
Do you have a track record of adherence to health & safety and food safety processes?
Then read on to learn about our Band Saw Operator opportunity in Etobicoke. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and take pride in doing a good job.
We offer a competitive hourly rate $24 to start with ongoing incremental increases, weekly pay and Company paid benefits.
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
About the Role:
Reports To: Production Supervisor - Lamb Processing Room
Shift: 5:00 AM – 1:15 PM Monday to Friday
The Band Saw Operator is required to ensure the safe, efficient operation of their machine(s). Responsible for maintaining prescribed quantity and quality of product produced to customer specifications. Other responsibilities include machine set-up, troubleshooting basic machine performance, making adjustments and calling for additional resources as required.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Team Work
Demonstrate and uphold Core Values in interactions with internal and external partners:
- ENGAGEMENT - Displays enthusiasm for job duties and participates in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and interests.
- INNOVATION - Displays the ability to think outside the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meets current and future needs.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Displays the behaviors and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
- RESPECT - Displays an appreciation of different opinions, roles, experiences and backgrounds, follows the chain of command.
- Use Blade Stop Commercial Band Saw to cut chilled or frozen meat with an emphasis on quality, accurate customer specifications and defined controls from FSQA (Food Safety Quality Assurance)
- Operate complex machinery safely
- Fulfill customer orders based on defined operational performance indicators
- Follow operating instructions and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures); troubleshooting/support request from maintenance as needed
- Ensure general housekeeping around the assigned area or request assistance as needed
- Provide feedback and maintenance requests to improve machine performance
- Complete all assigned Quality checks
- Participate in training and cross training, improvement initiatives including health and safety and quality awareness
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, procedures, compliance and regulations
- Use all required PPE (personal protective equipment) safety equipment (e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses / goggles, hearing protection, face masks, gloves, etc.)
- Communicate production requirements to line workers and inform Supervisor if concerns arise
- High School Education or GED
- Experience as a meat cutter on a Commercial Band Saw or Blade Stop machine
- Butchery experience, an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Punctual, with a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 KGs
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of -1 to +4 degrees Celsius
- Constant standing, frequent walking, limited stair climbing
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Use of approved safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, hearing protection, face mask, etc.
- Overtime as required to meet operational demands
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to have the COVID-19 vaccines.
The Lamb Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.