The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported lamb and beef brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Do you have 3 years experience recruiting for sales, office and manufacturing roles in the food industry?
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment and rise to a challenge?
Do you have a strong work ethic, are dedicated to getting results and enjoy partnering with department leaders to support their teams?
If so, then read on and apply to our Human Resources Generalist role in the Los Angeles area, with competitive salary, bonus and Company paid benefits. This is an in-office position that supports our strong growth plan.
The HR Generalist is responsible for administering the full employee lifecycle from recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development and other employee programs across the United States. Reporting into the Director of Human Resources, and working closely with leaders in California and New Jersey, the HR Generalist will spearhead US-based talent acquisition through direct recruiting, networking, college recruiting initiatives in order to build the talent pipeline. Additionally, will be responsible for ongoing talent management through onboarding, training and development, performance management and employee relations.
- Recruiting: Manages all US-based job posting and job application processes, both internal and external; partners with external recruiting resources as needed; works with The Lamb Company leaders to spec out position descriptions for new roles and to price these in the market. Manages the recruiting process on behalf of and in partnership with the hiring manager, ensuring a progressive and timely approach to sourcing, screening, and selection of the preferred candidate.
- Employee Onboarding & Support: Ensures that all new hire employment data is captured electronically and in fully documented files, and that all employees are legally eligible to work in the U.S., via e-verify and pre-employment background and drug testing. Prepares employment agreements, provides new hire orientation, and equips Managers for their responsibilities for onboarding.
- Training & Development: Assists with creating, modifying, administering targeted training or development plans for new hires, functional cross training and broader career paths. Researches and recommends external training as needed.
- Benefits and Compensation: Works with North American HR team to review and refresh benefit and retirement plans to ensure coverage and pricing continue to meet the needs of The Lamb Company. Assists with regular market salary surveys to ensure that the Company’s pay practices are current, and recommends adjustments to salary benchmarks as needed.
- Performance Management: Participates in the Company’s performance management cycle (planning & review, performance bonus processes and plans). Works with leaders to provide tools and training around the processes. Ensures that processes are transparent and have integrity and jointly with leaders has responsibility for ensuring that all employees have a performance/development plan; a performance review; and an annual salary review.
- Employee Relations: In consultation with Director of Human Resources, supports leaders with all employee relations, complaints, investigations, performance improvement plans, progressive discipline situations, family or medical leave plans, wage and hours compliance or other issues. Designs and implements further programmes that contribute to the employment experience and that help to engage employees more, such as recognition programmes.
- Customer Service: HR’s customers, the employees of the organization are able to access support from HR that is knowledgeable, friendly, valued, confidential, appropriate, and timely.
- Other Duties: Performs other related duties as assigned, and initiates recommendations to further enhance the company’s position as a top employer.
Key Success Measures:
- Regretted turnover continues to be minimal and employee engagement, as measured by our engagement survey meets Company target
- Company fills open positions within 3 months of job posting and 75%+ of new hires are performing at a meets expectations level within 12 months of being hired
- There are zero non-compliance employment issues in the Company
- New hires receive onboarding relevant to their role
- Company achieves its business objectives through its people
Qualifications & Considerations for the Position:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years’ in an HR services role with experience in attraction, recruitment and retention in a mid-sized manufacturing and distribution organization
- Willing to complete SHRM Certified Professional designation
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment related legislation
- Self-starter with proven experience as a valued HR resource delivering quality services and programs to employees at all levels in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent English and Spanish
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, email, human resources information system, applicant tracking system, etc.)
- Positive role model with a proactive approach addressing employee questions, concerns, leaves; and assisting managers by conducting confidential workplace investigations and resolving issues
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and the ability to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Able to travel to other work sites as needed, such as New Jersey, Canada
For information about the company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, without the ability to work remotely, we require all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lamb Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.